content

Forums

[Information] New Gala Lab title: Flyff Masquerade

-The place to go for FlyFF discussions.

[Information] New Gala Lab title: Flyff Masquerade

Postby [CM]Carapuche » Wed May 08, 2013 2:26 am

Dear Flyffers,

As you may have seen, Gala Lab confirmed this morning via its Press Release: Flyff Masquerade, the new MMORPG from our Korean developers, that should be launched later this quarter in Asian territories.

What is Flyff Masquerade? For the time being, we can only say Flyff Masquerade is a brand new game based on the Flyff you know, but with a separated client and development. Unfortunately, as regards this game’s content, we don’t have info we can share beyond that which has been published today. We will have more news in the future.

What will happen to Flyff?

First of all, it is important that you understand that this new game doesn’t call into question our investment (our Team and Gala Lab’s) on Flyff.

Let us just reassure you about one thing: Flyff is still being supported. We have a content release schedule for Flyff which ensure it will continue to receive new updates far into the future.

Be confident that we still have tons of events and nice surprises for you in Flyff!

Kind Regards,

Your Flyff team
[GM]Carapuche
[CM]Carapuche
Flyff GameMaster
Flyff GameMaster

Re: [Information] New Gala Lab title: Flyff Masquerade

Postby phoenixssoul » Wed May 08, 2013 2:41 am

:/surprise: >.> hmmm anyone else think Gala-labs trying to kill off flyff ?

I'm a pessimist atm
GM's are people too o.O
The search button is your friend, use it ^.^
**The Shadows ish my home sweet home**
Wiki-
http://flyff-wiki.gpotato.com/Main_Page
phoenixssoul
Crazy Cardpuppet
Crazy Cardpuppet

Postby narding » Wed May 08, 2013 3:49 am

I just didn't forget what Gala did to us guys.
Remember the tickets that not resolve, and yet sold the game, leave us hanging.
For me, I will never ever play Gala's game.
This is Webzen right? ^^

PS
Even Kooro didn't give a chance to say goodbye to us :(
He made new accounts just to say goodbye to us and give us a video remembrance.
narding
Bangarang Bang
Bangarang Bang

Postby soulcollecter1 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:12 am

so been searching site for awhile not seeing to much difference from korean flyff yet except client is smaller at 980 vs 984 with a different name Masq_KR.exe 3rd job change does not seem to be present or theirs no info on it yet . Basically seems like rebranding of game but not sure yet know more when client is done.
soulcollecter1
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby paboseki_ » Wed May 08, 2013 7:28 am

We all get this News by surprise.
The new smartphone technology and Gala.lab.
The game we play for many years "could not be compatible" with our new cellular tablets phone.
I am guessing. This new flyff Masquerade MMORPG will be the answer ?
Let's wait and see ...
Last edited by paboseki_ on Wed May 08, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
paboseki_
Masochistic Mushpoie
Masochistic Mushpoie

Postby soulcollecter1 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:57 am

new info far as i know only for pc so far but if can be for smartphones or other later that be cool. anyway seems mostly like a graphics overhaul with changes to flying system and few other things. here are some screens korean link so needs translated http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsvi ... 305065033v

more screens and a video french link http://ravenflyff.free.fr/viewtopic.php ... a&start=48

client is nearly done so will try it soon.
soulcollecter1
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby _nyko » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 am

oke nice, i really hope flyff will still be here for a lot more years :/sparkle:
Yetti
Proud leader of TenaciouS

Nyko ~ 150-H Slayer

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
_nyko
Crazy Cardpuppet
Crazy Cardpuppet

Postby proheid21 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 am

So do I ! :/sparkle:
proheid21
Devious Demian
Devious Demian

Postby soulcollecter1 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 am

at stuck someone good with korean and can make video guide to register that be great.
soulcollecter1
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby mrxiskos » Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 pm

TERROR
mrxiskos
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby Kuraido Soru » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm

I'll try not to be too excited until I find out if Masquerade is a Flyff remade from the ground up.
Kuraido Soru
Masochistic Mushpoie
Masochistic Mushpoie

Postby omgitsgloo » Wed May 08, 2013 2:31 pm

From what I can tell so far this is just a remake of flyff.
Using the same everything, except for new rendering.
In every post/blog/press release I've read, they boast about new cartoon rendering.
If you look at screen shots from the game itself it is literally exactly the same, except for the UI change.
It's really ridiculous if this company thinks it can basically make a pserver of their own game and slap a new name on it and call it a brand new game.
Also do not forget that FlyFF's original project name was Project Masquerade; so it's really not changing much at all.
As far as the game itself goes;
There are no third classes
Darkon/Flyff and SaintMorning all still exist.
There is some random place called Estia as well, this could be something flyff related I haven't played in almost a year or so. :x

The Buff Buff Pang effect ( an extension of the existing 20 minutes > 30 minutes extension

^ That is from their patch notes for Thursday, so I'm sure at this point you can tell this is just going to be an out-dated version of the game with some better graphics.
Such a pity.
Mocomichi
Gloo
Level 10 Vagrant
Merchant Queen.
omgitsgloo
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby Kuraido Soru » Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm

(PLEASE KEEP IN MIND WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY IS MOST SPECULATION BASED ON CRAPPY TRANSLATION)

There are WAY more changes than just what you mentioned. I just checked their website.

And Estia Canyon is the original name of our "Valley of the Risem" :/ache:
In fact many of the original names are different from eFlyff.

What I found out was that there are potions for restoring HP/MP/FP, increasing speed (casting, attack and movement) listed in the website. As well as a list of weapons that grant nothing but attack power. Same for armors. And necklaces that do nothing but increase Magic Def. (Yes, you read that right) The best necklace listed increases by about 441.
The piercing system appears similar but also slightly different. The upgrade system appears completely different.

EVERYTHING has a grade from F to A. Even awakening scrolls (if they're not different items with same icon) and arrows have grades.

There are some HP potions that restore instantly and others that regenerate for X seconds.

Instead of sunstones and moonstones, unless they simply didn't see the need to mention them in the website, it appears people will be using some stones that can be created from crystals. Those stones increment attributes such as more attack OR more attack power to a weapon. (Either that, or those stones are disposable boosters, I don't know, because of one of them says something about 1-time use)

And it looks like flying vehicles can be upgraded. Which boosts their flight speed and acceleration.

I can tell you for sure it's not an OUTDATED version. They removed 3rd classes INTENTIONALLY. (Good riddance)
They have all the V18 dungeons and Bahara intact.
Kuraido Soru
Masochistic Mushpoie
Masochistic Mushpoie

Postby filiakun » Wed May 08, 2013 5:14 pm

phoenixssoul wrote: :/surprise: >.> hmmm anyone else think Gala-labs trying to kill off flyff ?

I'm a pessimist atm

Let's see... security breaches... bad, outdated coding... bug exploits... poorly solved legacy damages coming to haunt them from the past... poor update choices...

If they aren't, they probably should be.

To be frank, there are so many aspects of FlyFF that make it beyond salvaging, if they aren't planning to kill it, they probably should be.
The question is whether they're doing it right, this time.

soulcollecter1 wrote:at stuck someone good with korean and can make video guide to register that be great.

You need a KSSN for Korean accounts, so unless you want to get in trouble with Korean authorities, consider it a dead end.

omgitsgloo wrote:In every post/blog/press release I've read, they boast about new cartoon rendering.

They almost sound oblivious to the fact that the cel-shading technique is like 13 years old. :/ache:

Kuraido Soru wrote:Magic Def.

As much as I feel like I'm going to regret saying this, I have to admit that it sounds promising. Still wanna wait till after skill information becomes available.
But wth @ speed boosters, haven't they already learned how destructive that [I Have a Potty Mouth] is? Don't they have anyone with a major in anything in there, to warn them about these mistakes?

Kuraido Soru wrote:They removed 3rd classes INTENTIONALLY.

Master/Hero system too, I hope.

Edit:
My senses tell me they misspelt "wait" on their client download page:
icingh wrote:I'm still looking for this mythical pvp system in FlyFF, surely it can't be running around in a circle for 10 minutes a week to either one hit someone or fail at killing them.
filiakun
Yammering Yetti
Yammering Yetti

Postby Kuraido Soru » Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 pm

We don't know if Masquerade 'fixed' the issues regarding speed and we don't know if they changed the way def and m.def works.
Actually, we don't know if any stats changed at all. Hopefully it did, because measly 440ish m.def would be useless at the level you could get A grade equipment with Flyff's formulas.

I think the screenshots exhibited already showed it, but the interface isn't like Flyff Gold's. It's mostly like pre-Gold, but with a green-ish color, round navigator like the current we have, and a completely different chatbox. (Action slot is like the old one)
Kuraido Soru
Masochistic Mushpoie
Masochistic Mushpoie

Postby eddot2 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 am

Wow such a unique name "Masquerade"

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Flyff project called "Masquerade" or "MUDRA" ?
Also there is a Masquerade.prj contained in a curtain file.
Wich has the following content
project "MUDRA"

define "define.h"
define "defineNeuz.h"
define "def.............

Why the name "Masquerade" now ?
I play on Yeti server :) Talk with me just /say Fluttershy
I make games!
Play here
http://eddymeivogel.com/Games/
Watch here
http://www.youtube.com/Eddymeivogel
eddot2
Devious Demian
Devious Demian

Postby kaosusan » Thu May 09, 2013 5:24 am

It's funny, but I think this could be the best way for "Flyff".

As far, as we can see, we simply have our Flyff, but with some changes in Flying System, Upgrade System, different graphic look (which I don't like so much >_>) and so on.

I think, that's the answer of all these years, which we and more were crying. Let's put it very simply: the sourcecode of our Flyff here is such a big mess. The very first developer had to get this game finished soon and made so many mistakes and year after year formerly Aeonsoft didn't got it right from time to time, so now we have a big messy sourcecode of flyff, so atm it is very difficult to work with.

Well, allready more than three years ago, I was allready told, that Aeonsoft was working on that problem and writing the sourcecode new, from the beginning, so many problems caused by that messy sourcecode would vanish (believe me, there a plenty of them). Then, around same time or maybe few months later, it wasn't a secret anymore, that Aeonsoft is working on some kind of "Flyff 2" (we know it now as "Flying Fortress").

So, if I'm getting it right and my puzzle techniques are on the right place, that is the result. Flyff Masquerade is the complete revamp of the old Flyff Sourcecode and Gala-Lab changed here and there some things, got them right and such. Let's see what will happen now. Or maybe let's hope, they not only rewrote the sourcecode, but made some critical changes for the game balance and pvp system and more. Oh, and as far as I saw, the statusbox now cointains more informations, maybe DMMT or such? =D

Maybe, in 2-3 years, this Flyff is going to vanish for the new flyff, who knews OR it's like a Update for this Flyff, but idk if the database is still compatible with Flyff Masquerade... we have to wait and hope for the best ;)
kaosusan
Mama Mia
Mama Mia

Postby filiakun » Thu May 09, 2013 5:37 am

Kuraido Soru wrote:Actually, we don't know if any stats changed at all. Hopefully it did, because measly 440ish m.def would be useless at the level you could get A grade equipment with Flyff's formulas.

Well, without all the ridiculous boosters (particularly any percentage stuff), 400 should go a long way.
Maybe one of the two new stats (정신 - Fortitude) will contribute more strongly to magical defenses, similarly to sta; and 재치 (Wit) might add more to evasion. In fact, this is the only thing that makes sense with those two stats at the moment.

eddot2 wrote:Why the name "Masquerade" now ?

It's the same thing under the hood. It's no surprise that they're sticking to something similar.

kaosusan wrote:...

1. Unlike F2, Masquerade isn't actually a complete rewrite; it's actually still based on much of the old code.
2. It's too different to apply on top of the regular FlyFF. A lot of the items people would Q for would have to be converted or destroyed to maintain coherence, especially since they've dumbed down (and removed, I hope) a lot of the overpowered boosters.
icingh wrote:I'm still looking for this mythical pvp system in FlyFF, surely it can't be running around in a circle for 10 minutes a week to either one hit someone or fail at killing them.
filiakun
Yammering Yetti
Yammering Yetti

Postby soulcollecter1 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:03 pm

so spent some time playing while their are changes most which have been listed here its still flyff at the core. I think is remake they came up with after mostly unhappen results to changes in flyff gold. Their is not enough to really consider it a new flyff game like f2 will be.
soulcollecter1
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby 2dragonslord » Thu May 09, 2013 11:46 pm

how can i download the game? i wanna see it myself xD
Yetti: proud leader of the guild xPhoenix
- bladesofhonor (lvl 130-H slayer)
- YoYo0fHonor (lvl 131 Harlequin)
- ArrowsofHonor (lvl 103 Ranger)
- hacknslash (lvl 95 Ringmaster)

Tanuki:
- bladesofhonor (lvl 15 Merc)
2dragonslord
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby blondysworld » Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 am

[CM]Seychirou wrote:Es scheint immer noch nicht klar zu sein, dass wir dieses neue Flyff nicht anbieten, sondern unsere Entwickler, die außerdem auch Rappelz und Streetgears im asiatischen Raum selbst vertreiben. Es war nie die Rede davon, dass wir, gPotato, Flyff Masquerade jetzt ebenfalls auf unserem gPotato.eu-Portal anbieten.

http://translate.google.com/ :/blush:
blondysworld
Devious Demian
Devious Demian

Postby anonymousiam » Fri May 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Whats the point of playing flyff masquerade when it will be a pay to win pile of garbage like flyff currently is. Gala successfully killed this game after v7. It's clear they want to kill flyff.
anonymousiam
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby dubniumism » Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 pm

blondysworld wrote:
[CM]Seychirou wrote:Es scheint immer noch nicht klar zu sein, dass wir dieses neue Flyff nicht anbieten, sondern unsere Entwickler, die außerdem auch Rappelz und Streetgears im asiatischen Raum selbst vertreiben. Es war nie die Rede davon, dass wir, gPotato, Flyff Masquerade jetzt ebenfalls auf unserem gPotato.eu-Portal anbieten.

http://translate.google.com/ :/blush:

It still seems to be unclear that we're not gonna publish this new flyff, but our developers, who also work on Rappelz and Streetgears in the asian region. It was never said, that we, gpotato, are also going to publish flyff masquerade on our gPotato.eu-portal.
dubniumism
Dynamic Driller
Dynamic Driller

Postby Kuraido Soru » Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 pm

That's a good point...
Kuraido Soru
Masochistic Mushpoie
Masochistic Mushpoie

Postby soulcollecter1 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:21 am

so true this may never come to USA but instead be alternative to those who arent happen with changes in k flyff.
soulcollecter1
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Next

Return to General