content

Forums

[Announcement] GPotato levels up and becomes WEBZEN!

-The place to go for FlyFF discussions.

[Announcement] GPotato levels up and becomes WEBZEN!

Postby [CM]Magitook » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:26 am

Dear Flyff players,

Here at WEBZEN, we're committed to always improve your MMO experience. Get ready, your favorite portal is about to evolve!

Check it out here!

Your WEBZEN team
[CM]Magitook | US and DE Flyff Community Manager
Follow us @ Facebook US | Facebook DE | Twitter
[CM]Magitook
FlyFF Admin
FlyFF Admin

Re: [Announcement] GPotato levels up and becomes WEBZEN!

Postby _nyko » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:50 am

That is a good step forward to put it all on 1 place on 1 site.
With the change from phpbb to vBulletin the problems with the forum should be less also. Current forum probably patch so many times that no one knows anymore how it works.
Any news on how and if gpotato accounts need to be mergd to Webzen?
Yetti
Proud leader of TenaciouS

Nyko ~ 150-H Slayer

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
_nyko
Passionate Prankster
Passionate Prankster

Postby beliar1337 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:05 am

Hope that is gonna bring more players :/yummy:
beliar1337
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby wassup623 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:20 am

Does anyone know how long Webzen has been around. Or if they know how they will bring about change to make all the games beter and more active for new members. Like flyff its super hard to really get started so it discourages people to start playing. Does anyone know if they are planning a way to get rid of selling penya or any of the in game currancy for like in real life money(not talking about like selling gpots for penya).
wassup623
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby ForumHound2071 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:10 am

Very nice to see ! I hope this manages to bring in some more players with the right advertising.
Y.O.L.O.
ForumHound2071
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby sup3rsamura1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:02 am

Flyff was my first mmo experience back when I started playing the game in 2010. I invested a lot of money purchasing gpots and spent a lot of time leveling and in general game play. I really like this game despite the bad direction it has gone, especially in the out of control penya economy & penya/gold selling spammers that cannot be ignored in ingame chat. Really no need to mention all of the other problems since WEBZEN should already be aware of them. I just want the new guys in charge to know that many players, including myself, are patiently waiting for these badly needed changes to take place. I look forward to supporting the WEBZEN team by purchasing gpots and promoting FLYFF whenever possible. I understand that changes need time to work out and that the people making these changes have personal lives to live. Just keep us die hard FLYFFers up to speed on things and send us a juicy morsel every now and then to keep us excited on things to come. Looking forward to many good things!
sup3rsamura1
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby detento644 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:29 am

too bad this doesnt means anything to flyff
specially when newest reports by gala inc imply flyff isnt gonna get any more support than it has, in fact it lost more support this month, while friggin rappelz is still getting new updates and gonna become mobile compatible in 2016...
this only makes it easier for webzen to make people who play games they couldnt care less about like flyff to join their newer games
nobody is gonna jump from their other games to flyff. thats a fact. they have anything good flyff has plus a lot more...
detento644
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby vibergk3 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:15 am

Sooo whats changes are coming? lol
vibergk3
Mediocre Mushpang
Mediocre Mushpang

Postby sup3rsamura1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:33 am

detento644 wrote:too bad this doesnt means anything to flyff
specially when newest reports by gala inc imply flyff isnt gonna get any more support than it has...

Can you post a link to this report? I'm not doubting you, I just want to see it for myself. Thanks :wink:
sup3rsamura1
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby detento644 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:38 am

sup3rsamura1 wrote:
specially when newest reports by gala inc imply flyff isnt gonna get any more support than it has...

Can you post a link to this report? I'm not doubting you, I just want to see it for myself. Thanks :wink:

http://www.gala.jp/pdf/pr_20140313_1.pdf
detento644
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby sup3rsamura1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:41 am

detento644 wrote:
sup3rsamura1 wrote:

Sorry my Japanese is limited to a few spoken words. Anything in English I can read LOL?
sup3rsamura1
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby shinnagins » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:43 am

Will this mean any difference (hopefully good!) for us?
shinnagins
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby detento644 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:54 am

sup3rsamura1 wrote:
detento644 wrote:
sup3rsamura1 wrote:Can you post a link to this report? I'm not doubting you, I just want to see it for myself. Thanks :wink:

Sorry my Japanese is limited to a few spoken words. Anything in English I can read LOL?

i dont think so
they dont translate lengthy reports to the english website
but i can tell u flyff's team was greatly reduced. rappelz is getting a bit more love with updates and the mobile version.
then theres masquerade, dungeons and golf, and other mobile games in development or planning stage.
masquerade is getting constant updates but its already losing interest fast. they had gotten support for a channeling service about 5 months ago for zenobian and masquerade. it was already dropped because it wasnt luring enough interest.
even in japan flyff hasnt been getting updates other than silly damage-control events just like here.
every week they release some notice about known bugs theyre constantly reminding developers of or new bugs their community brings up that should be fixed. they do this for more than a year.
they never got fixed.
considering they only have plans for rappelz they probably didnt leave flyff under enough developer hands anymore. the game is abandoned.
zenobian and dungeons and golf, etc are not from the same staff that made flyff or rappelz. but gala isnt planning to hire new people to work on the old games. new hires are exclusive for mobile. and all the money and investment they were able to get after the financial crisis they had last year is being used for mobile development.
detento644
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby sup3rsamura1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:08 am

Based on the video link on the fist post, it looks like FLYFF will be getting some improvements. I'd like to hear from an official source about this. I love speculating from other sources but hearing from the horses mouth is more solid.

Edit:
Found these links about the changeover:
http://www.gameskinny.com/l5yy2/gpotato-na-and-eu-sold-to-webzen
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/01/webzen-buys-100-of-gala-net-gpotato/

Based on this and some other articles I was able to find, Gala no longer owns and is no longer in control of FLYFF (at least in N. America, Europe & Brazil). So I would imagine that what was reported earlier by Gala is no longer a speculative fact. Hopefully this means WEBZEN can improve things here.

So......are GPOTS going to become ZPOTS now? :/sneer:
Last edited by sup3rsamura1 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sup3rsamura1
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby washiyo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 am

flyff. Webzen take over gPotato administration .
Any relation with the last Event prizes : Almost all soul linked. :(
edit.
detento644 wrote :
even in japan flyff hasnt been getting updates other than silly damage-control events just like here.
every week they release some notice about known bugs theyre constantly reminding developers of or new bugs their community brings up that should be fixed. they do this for more than a year.
they never got fixed.
considering they only have plans for rappelz they probably didnt leave flyff under enough developer hands anymore. the game is abandoned.

Last Report December 2013.
Gala Lab Corp. (Korea), Futur project.
Flyff is not in at contrario of Rappelz.
http://www.gala.jp/pdf/s20140214.pdf
Last edited by washiyo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
washiyo
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby detento644 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:29 am

you dont get it do you?
the internal communication in gala has always been terrible.
more often than not players who searched the info found things out before the local game masters.
flyff is still under gala. what changed was simply the portals that host flyff in the west were sold to webzen. that changes NOTHING about the game and its (lack of) development.
if anything selling gpotato to webzen makes the communication between gala labs and the server even worse than ever.
and finally you must be delusional if you expect the game masters to not act positively about the server or the game's situation. theyre PAID to keep the community alive and interested. theyre community managers.
detento644
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby sup3rsamura1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 am

detento644 wrote:you dont get it do you?
the internal communication in gala has always been terrible.
more often than not players who searched the info found things out before the local game masters.
flyff is still under gala. what changed was simply the portals that host flyff in the west were sold to webzen. that changes NOTHING about the game and its (lack of) development.
if anything selling gpotato to webzen makes the communication between gala labs and the server even worse than ever.
and finally you must be delusional if you expect the game masters to not act positively about the server or the game's situation. theyre PAID to keep the community alive and interested. theyre community managers.

Calm down dude. I just want what's best for this game. The second link I posted had this quote, which is not from Gala:
"Webzen has announced that it is acquiring MMO publisher gPotato as well as its parent company Gala-Net. According to Reuters, the transaction date is February 15th, after which Webzen will hold 100 percent of Gala-Net's shares."
This gives WEBZEN the ability to do a good amount of damage control. Can a GM or anyone with some actual facts comment? Thanks.
sup3rsamura1
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby manumrt » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

I only hope, as you say levels up, this would brought some new features to flyff. It has been con version 19 since LONG time ago. And nothing has changed a lot.
GPotato, WEBZEN, please...
manumrt
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby matheus_f » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:19 pm

These are good news indeed... Gpotato was at level 1 and could defeat only aibatts. Now it it level 2 and can take mushpangs too! Actually, I'm hoping for the day when gpotato decides to leave the vagrant life once and for all to take a 1st job change.
matheus_f
Devious Demian
Devious Demian

Postby kenziesaurus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:06 am

this feels like march 2013 when posts were made that thegame will improve again.
The gm even admitted a few days or weeks ago that they have problems with the cash shop of us flyff due to its
*special* situation with gala. I hope that there will be a change. For me personally cash shop and events should change every 2 weeks. Fingers crossed :/sparkle:
kenziesaurus
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby viktory36 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:57 am

Very very vague. I call gimmick until I see some official statement of what's going on under the hood. Right now I think the CM's guess is as good as our's.
viktory36
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby liquorice_ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm

[CM]Magitook wrote:Get ready, your favorite portal is about to evolve!

Hahaha. :lol:

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
liquorice_
Gargantuan Greeemong
Gargantuan Greeemong

Postby paboseki_ » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello [CM]Magitook
Some players may not have access to the Webzen site (EU Dublin) in your post.
It could be only me ..
Here the right link for me.
http://www.webzen.com/Joins_Forces_with_gPotato

vBulletin New Forum set-up
Transition.
I am sure our new forum will be on test with players from people around the World
I don't want to loose my Flyff connection with our New Games Portal.
We may need little informations before : "Forum password reset check your email " issue, instructions to follow first, etc .. ???.
First day of spring : March 20, 2014 in Northern & Southern Hemisphere in Madrigal : )

We’re re-designing our forums into a brand new social space, powered by the latest vBulletin technology.
Not only does it look dashing, it also brings new functionalities that we’ve been wanting to offer for a long time, such as a tracker of official posts made by Webzen staff and also mobile-optimized forums, so you can stay in touch while on the go, and more!

WEBZEN Press Releases !
Last edited by paboseki_ on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
paboseki_
Masochistic Mushpoie
Masochistic Mushpoie

Postby eric13021 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Hello, I Would like to start off by saying that they should change something about the lord system on Yeti. My player is lvl150 FM IfHopeDies on Yeti. I Have tried so many times to be lord In the past year but as you know all failed. Sent a few tickets about the subject to flyff but nothing was done about the matter. The % of inactive accounts and inactive players inaccurately represent the % of active players. Trying to get a lord on a 'dead server' is extremely difficult seeing as majority of the time the numbers needed to reach an election are simply not there. I believe all servers should have the 10% vote lowered or removed so that we can finally start seeing some lord events again. As a person I fell the ppl of Yeti should have Lord to lift there spirits. Lets all start a now year with hope that something can be done about this. Just idea for Webzen
Yours Truly IfHopeDies
eric13021
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby filiakun » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 am

You silly, silly geese.

This announcement is purely a portal thing, meaning only site and forum related changes will come, as part of this announcement; nothing about the game itself.

Secondly, about what happened last year: Gala Inc. (Now Gala Innovative Inc. - I can see you laughing, BTW; also, Gala Inc. owned Gala-Net and the gPotato portal) sold the portal and Gala-Net to Webzen (but not the games themselves - essentially, they still develop them, but they're hosted on Webzen's portal, now), for a rather low price, too; Webzen bought it largely for its user base, and most likely has little interest (or power, though I assume that's debatable, up to a point) in undoing years' worth of bad calls made by Gala Inc. Now, Gala's been doing this in an attempt to migrate towards the mobile gaming business, and, considering the two failed attempts of rebooting FlyFF, one can assume the worst.
icingh wrote:I'm still looking for this mythical pvp system in FlyFF, surely it can't be running around in a circle for 10 minutes a week to either one hit someone or fail at killing them.
filiakun
Yammering Yetti
Yammering Yetti

Next

Return to General