Launching the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
1. Click on the Start button on your Windows Taskbar
2. Click on Run
3. Type 'dxdiag' in the text field
4. Click OK
If you have Windows Vista and do not see a Run option
1. Right-click on the Menu bar and select Properties
2. Click on the Start Menu tab
3. Click on the Customize button
4. In the upper window, scroll down until you see the Run command and click on the corresponding checkbox
5. Click OK
6. Go to Start (Windows button on the Windows Taskbar)
7. Click Run
8. Type 'dxdiag' in the text field and click OK
9. Saving your DxDiag report
If you have Windows 7
1. Press the Start Button
2. Type in 'dxdiag' in the search box
3. Click on 'dxdiag
You shoud now see a DirectX Diagnostic Tool window appear.
1. At the bottom of the window, click on Save All Information.
2. You will now be prompted to save your file.
3. Name your file and save it somewhere on your computer where it is easy for you to access like the desktop.
The saved file should, by default, be a plain text '.txt' file.
To post the results:
1. Copy the entire contents of the dxdiag.txt file (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C)
2. Paste the text into the forum post.
3. Highlight the text pasted from the dxdiag.txt file.
4. Click the Code button in the menu above.
5. Submit your post.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest