content

Forums

[Official Discussion] Kalgas Set Effects - Slayer

Only v17 specific discussion here please.

Vote the Set Effects you are in Favor of:

Rate of Critical Hits + 30%
41%
DEF + 30%
15%
Max. HP + 25%
34%
Parry + 30
10%

Total votes : 110

[Official Discussion] Kalgas Set Effects - Slayer

Postby Tanza » Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Version 17 releases a new group of armor sets, known as the Kalgas Sets. They exist to be worn by only the best - those who have reached the third job and a level of 130.

In this thread, we want to see comments and discuss the effects of the Slayer Kalgas Set. For equipping all four parts, the bonus effects are as indicated by the poll.

In the poll, vote for the set effects you are in favor of. i.e. If you are in favor and would like to have 'Max. HP+30%' as a set effect for this particular class, then vote for that option. If you are not in favor of a particular set effect, then do not vote for it. You may vote for all the set effects, or none at all. A low number of votes for a particular set effect, with respect to the total number of votes, will indicate a set effect that the community is not in favor of seeing.

Please vote, and then discuss in this thread.
sig credit to: petsematarygirl
Tanza
Lascivious Leyena
Lascivious Leyena

Re: [Official Discussion] Kalgas Set Effects - Slayer

Postby hellspawn08 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:00 am

I feel that they should remove parry since with the current formulas parry does next to nothing, 30 parry doesnt do much, it should be changed to addoch,

Also the def could be change to block, the most ideal blade set would be crit, addoch, hp, block, at least for me the main things a blade could want. Or if we really want to be greedy take out hp and add attack xD.
Hellspawn08 Hero Blade
HellsRm 11x RingMaster
hellspawn08
Passionate Prankster
Passionate Prankster

Postby mephisto723662 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:12 am

addoch instead of parry please :DDD
xXChampetuaXx Image Blade
Mephisto2 Lvl 80 - Master Psykeeper
ColombiaFtW Lvl 80 - Master BowJester
mephisto723662
Bangarang Bang
Bangarang Bang

Postby hellspawn08 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:20 am

Every blade is going to want parry removed and addoch lol, lets just start talking about how much addoch would be good, im thinking like 20-25% range would be perfect. Not to much but not to low either.
Hellspawn08 Hero Blade
HellsRm 11x RingMaster
hellspawn08
Passionate Prankster
Passionate Prankster

Postby faultlines » Fri May 13, 2011 11:45 am

Maby Range block or addoc insted of parry
faultlines
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby 15161799 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

changing parry to adoch makes it too OP, but maybe it would be cool for an end-game set.
However, changing it to short-ranged-block would be perfect in my opinion.

But honestly, the crit-rate is useless.... look at baruna weapon stats or just get an ancient... which 130+ blade hasnt even max crit with the 105 set?
Bangarang Bang
Bangarang Bang

Postby hellspawn08 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 am

Idk the crit is usefull still, granted i have max block at 125 with 7 slot of electric Bs and an Ancient sword, in blain with only 5% crit awake, but the crit will allow blades to use more fire Bs while getting max crit which would be nice.
Hellspawn08 Hero Blade
HellsRm 11x RingMaster
hellspawn08
Passionate Prankster
Passionate Prankster

Postby miroo93 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Crit rate is very usefull. And its not easy to get 100% Crit if You wanna maximize Your dmg.
With Bloody set (average awak of crit 5-8%), 2x Crystal Axes with Cards Fire B/A with awakes of adoch, You have like 70% of crit (when not using any cs'es or something like that). If U want max crit u should use Ancient Sword, Crit awakes, Patricks Cloak but it will decrease blade dmg, and we dont really want it sometimes.
100% is easy to get with any eq if You are using alot of special cs'es, potions, cakes or something similar, but we dont wanna use it all time, so it will be nice to reach 80-100% at base.

I think, that set should be very usefull and should have bonuses wich will increase the maximal dmg.
So: 25-30-40% adoch, 15-20-30% crit. HP is imortant , but i prefer block rate. So + 15-25% block rate.
I think these are the best ideas for Blade set. We dont need another +10dex,+10 str (well If it will be like +25 dex/str its not bad idea than) or +%Def.
At least +%Hp is good option also, but its usefull with the block in same set.
Maybe +Attack also. Atm I dont have any new ideas about a good, usefull bonuses for blade.
miroo93
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby twoapplesnbanana » Fri May 13, 2011 12:42 pm

The HP and Crit is a must, the DEF can do without but is preferred over the parry. Could change the parry to crit damage, attack rate, or just normal block. If it's changed chances are we'll get block imo, other stuff could seem too good.. but at the same time this is probably one of the last sets that is going to be introduced so it should be good.

If anything they should look to change baruna weapons a bit. The attack rate and accuracy on the 1h axe is great, but the attack speed is pretty useless. There's no way you can dual wield axes, sure you'll get 70% attack rate, but you'll have very low crit rate due to no socket cards and no crit bonus on weapons. Pairing it with the sword would make you end up with not much of an upgrade from what you were using before because it's pretty much a tanking weapon(probably mixed up k fang and curtana o_O). So you're going to end up using a 1h baruna axe with a vampire/crystal axe. I mean, it's not a bad thing since you can still get socket cards on off hand but what's the point of new content if you're not using it.

Cluster: Kargo(Glaphan)
IGN: Yanni
twoapplesnbanana
Passionate Prankster
Passionate Prankster

Postby _kilconey » Fri May 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Considering Parry itself is broken, that could easily be replaced by something more beneficial. HP & Crit are definitely needed, but between the other two, Parry is the most useless.

I wouldn't be opposed to crit damage or block rate, both of which can easily replace Parry AND Defense. Seeing as this is an end-game set, defense is more often than not termed useless in both pvm AND pvp, so technically both should be replaced.
Kilconey | Sherbet | Trainspotting
"the cop has died a bloody death" Problem, Villager?

_kilconey
Terrrrrrific Tigar
Terrrrrrific Tigar

Postby siggan » Fri May 13, 2011 1:38 pm

I'd like to know if any changes has been done to Parry. Because if not, I don't see that as a good effect at all. There's also NO set for blades / slayers that adds ADOCH as a set effect, while other classes have that.
My shop | Lawolf Record Book | Coming Soon!
siggan
Mama Mia
Mama Mia

Postby reyals_ » Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Def and Parry could be replaced by something more useful. I might consider getting the set if it becomes more useful, otherwise it doesn't give anything special compared to an epic blain/nox set.

Melee/Range Block, Adoch, or Atk Rate % plis :/laugh:
Reyals - 150 Slayer | VVizard - 150 Arcanist | IVIichelle 150 Seraph
Invictus FWC Slayer (US_Team02)
reyals_
Bangarang Bang
Bangarang Bang

Postby siggan » Sun May 15, 2011 5:09 am

I just heard a rumor about these sets being BARUNA

Unfortunately that means NO AWAKENINGS and NO ATTACK 7% CARDS. They would need a LOT better set effects and make parry work before anyone would even concider getting these sets.

They're actually trying to pull that off? No... Just no.
My shop | Lawolf Record Book | Coming Soon!
siggan
Mama Mia
Mama Mia

Postby imperiator_ix » Sun May 15, 2011 6:22 am

siggan wrote:I just heard a rumor about these sets being BARUNA

Unfortunately that means NO AWAKENINGS and NO ATTACK 7% CARDS. They would need a LOT better set effects and make parry work before anyone would even concider getting these sets.

I agree
Pyromaniac
Level 7x Kern Blade
KERN FOREVER.
Tribes Ascend:
Jerakl #1 Team Carry NA
imperiator_ix
Bangarang Bang
Bangarang Bang

Postby zikamime » Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 pm

I highly doubt that is true, because that clearly wouldnt make any sense what so ever, so i wouldnt worry about it.....if it was the case im sure there would be more rune stones and such....besides im pretty sure u can find out by playing the beta.
zikamime
Apprentice Aibatt
Apprentice Aibatt

Postby redlaser9000 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:30 pm

fuelsblade wrote:I highly doubt that is true, because that clearly wouldnt make any sense what so ever, so i wouldnt worry about it.....if it was the case im sure there would be more rune stones and such....besides im pretty sure u can find out by playing the beta.

Um please remind me when the last time was gala-net made a change that made sense to the players? I mean seriously every time a new version comes out the only thing that really changes is the number of ways to spend money on cash shop. On the few occasions that they have done a change not purely CS ( i.e. the v17 inventory) it is crap. I mean seriously even it has monetary motivations for them and it shows it. The only tabs they added to the inventory are cs related stuff. I mean pickup pets and fashion sets with the consultation of a quest tab WHICH DOESN'T EVEN PICK UP ALL QUEST ITEMS. I mean seriously, gala-Net has never given a F**K [yes yes i'm watching my language :P ] what we the players want done , and most likely never will. The Baruna sets will come out and they will be extremely over powered only if you spend a lot of money on cs items for them, until you do that they will be crap. That is how it always has been.
-BloodySaber
redlaser9000
Laggy Lawolf
Laggy Lawolf

Postby _kilconey » Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 pm

siggan wrote:I just heard a rumor about these sets being BARUNA

Not a rumour, it's confirmed. Several players sporting 130 sets in-game showed off the sets - they're labelled Baruna on them, same as the weapons.
Kilconey | Sherbet | Trainspotting
"the cop has died a bloody death" Problem, Villager?

_kilconey
Terrrrrrific Tigar
Terrrrrrific Tigar

Postby feibiao » Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 am

well... blade set effect is ok i think except the parry part.... should be replaced with block or something useful for dmg like att or adoch... but well its one of endgame set...... i dont think block should replace hp... please remember " skill always hit" and block doesnt help in that kind of situation. hp is nice... def is ok.. but since u wont tank as blade ... def is just an other "small hp boost". well 30% crits ... hmmmm 10% more crits than bloody... easy to understand.. but if its baruna item.. lol... not worth it....no 28% att... no + xxxxxx adoch/str/crits/att/etc awake.... no elemental upgrade (i might be wrong here) its not worth it esp the work killing a hardcore 140+ boss in a dungeon where even a small mob can kill u easily lol. and if that runes doesnt work on boss.... death piercing is .....semi useless... and dont forget the fact.. that all endgame gear makes blade useless!!! (Blade is not good against max block!!!) if u look at other class... they can reach max block with ease now lol... so a blade is useless for endgame ( or u could say boss hunt too). well they messed up blade as one of the endgame character ^^
feibiao
Devious Demian
Devious Demian

Postby mephisto723662 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:26 am

yep please parry wut? thats very useless.. and def uhm..no thx... crit+30% is really cool and hp yea sure :3 mobs at high lvls hits really hard. and skillls cant be blocked. would be really cool to see block meele/range or addoch or attack rate :o (not attack+20 -.- as they use to)
and please help those barunas :( who wants a weapon that cant be awakened/pierced o.o? (nice pierced, not those useless runes)
blades are being more and more forgotten in last versions, v16, lvl 125 set sucked and all mobs are getting almost 100% block rate and what those baruna axes/swords o.o? cant be pierced/elemented/awakened and the effects reallly sux in my opinions attack rate is really great but w/o addoch? uhm.... idk... Then come v17 and Axes/swords get the most low glow in the game ehmm???.. its sad :/ache:
xXChampetuaXx Image Blade
Mephisto2 Lvl 80 - Master Psykeeper
ColombiaFtW Lvl 80 - Master BowJester
mephisto723662
Bangarang Bang
Bangarang Bang

Return to V17: Champions of Madrigal